Virtual Lives: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World by James Ivory PDF
By James Ivory
This publication is the THE resource for info on digital worlds, masking each point of this exciting and fast-changing social perform and the applied sciences upon which it rests.
• a close chronology detailing inspirations, precursors, advancements, and controversies regarding digital worlds
• Tables of information approximately clients of digital worlds
• An annotated checklist of non-public, nonprofit, and govt agencies pertinent to digital worlds
• Biographical sketches of authors, builders, researchers, policymakers, and impressive digital international users
• A thesaurus of rankings of correct phrases on the topic of digital worlds' functionality and use
• A bibliography of extra assets readers can seek advice to profit much more approximately digital worlds
Read or Download Virtual Lives: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues) PDF
Similar social aspects of the internet books
A present of fireplace: Social, felony, and moral concerns for Computing and the web, 4e is perfect for classes in computing device Ethics and pcs and Society. Sara Baase explores the social, criminal, philosophical, moral, political, constitutional, and financial implications of computing and the controversies they bring up.
This booklet includes a diversity of keynote papers and submitted papers offered on the ninth IFIP WG nine. 2, nine. five, nine. 6/11. 7, eleven. four, eleven. 6/SIG nine. 2. 2 overseas summer time tuition, held in Patras, Greece, in September 2014. The nine revised complete papers and three workshop papers integrated during this quantity have been conscientiously chosen from a complete of 29 submissions and have been topic to a two-step overview approach.
This publication constitutes the refereed court cases of the 4th foreign convention on video games and studying Alliance, GALA 2015, held in Rome, Italy, in December 2015. The 33 revised complete papers and 15 brief papers offered have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 102 submissions. The papers awarded disguise quite a few facets and information fields.
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the ninth overseas convention on mixed studying, ICBL 2016, held in Beijing, China, in July 2016. The convention is previously referred to as overseas convention on Hybrid studying (ICHL)The 34 papers awarded have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from sixty one submissions.
Extra info for Virtual Lives: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
Virtual Lives: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues) by James Ivory