This is the publication model of the broadcast booklet. If the print ebook encompasses a CD-ROM, this content material isn't integrated in the e-book version.
The so much whole consultant to Cisco Catalyst(r) swap community layout, operation, and configuration
- Master key beginning issues resembling high-speed LAN applied sciences, LAN segmentation, bridging, the Catalyst command-line setting, and VLANs
- Improve the functionality of your campus community by using powerful Cisco Catalyst layout, configuration, and troubleshooting techniques
- Benefit from the main entire insurance of Spanning-Tree Protocol, together with beneficial details on troubleshooting universal Spanning Tree problems
- Master trunking ideas and purposes, together with ISL, 802.1Q, LANE, and MPOA
- Understand while and the way to make use of Layer three switching ideas for optimum effect
- Understand Layer 2 and Layer three switching configuration with the Catalyst 6000 relations, together with insurance of the strong MSFC local IOS Mode
Cisco LAN Switchingprovides the main accomplished insurance of the easiest tools for designing, using, and deploying LAN switching units and applied sciences in a latest campus community. Divided into six components, this publication takes you past easy switching techniques via supplying an array of confirmed layout types, sensible implementation recommendations, and troubleshooting thoughts. half I discusses vital starting place matters that supply a context for the remainder of the ebook, together with quickly and Gigabit Ethernet, routing as opposed to switching, the categories of Layer 2 switching, the Catalyst command-line atmosphere, and VLANs. half II provides the main unique dialogue of Spanning-Tree Protocol in print, together with universal difficulties, troubleshooting, and improvements, similar to PortFast, UplinkFast, BackboneFast, and PVST+. half III examines the serious factor of trunk connections, the hyperlinks used to hold a number of VLANs via campus networks. whole chapters are devoted to LANE and MPOA. half IV addresses complex good points, similar to Layer three switching, VTP, and CGMP and IGMP. half V covers real-world campus layout and implementation matters, permitting you to profit from the collective recommendation of many LAN switching specialists. half VI discusses concerns particular to the Catalyst 6000/6500 kinfolk of switches, together with the strong local IOS Mode of Layer three switching.
Several beneficial properties in Cisco LAN Switchingare designed to augment recommendations coated within the booklet and that can assist you arrange for the CCIE examination. as well as the sensible dialogue of complex switching concerns, this publication additionally comprises case experiences that spotlight real-world layout, implementation, and administration matters, in addition to chapter-ending evaluate questions and exercises.
This booklet is a part of the Cisco CCIE expert improvement sequence from Cisco Press, which bargains expert-level guideline on community layout, deployment, and aid methodologies to aid networking execs deal with advanced networks and get ready for CCIE exams.